My family went for a super short trip to the Royal Belum Resort in Gerik, Perak back in June for a mini gathering. With everyone working everywhere now, we get to meet everyone only once in a while.
Reservation was made online, but when we reached there, ready to check in, we were told that some rooms were not available, and we had to take whatever that's left. Sedih kan, but takpe lah. Some of our friends and relatives asked what we think about the resort, and I have a lot to tell but too lazy to type a whole story about it, so here it goes:
- The area is beautiful. Serene. Sejuk mata memandang
- Everyone managed to come, even my brother in law from Kelantan was there too
- I tried kayaking for the first time
- Two out of six rooms, aircond rosak. Luckily ada kipas siling - Tolerable. (but their attitude in settling the problem was soooo irritating)
- No recreational activities available for the weekend, reason being: Not enough rangers
- No indoor activities (indoor games, gym or what nots) - So takde recreational activities, no nothing
- No swimming pool, and not allowed to swim at the lake either
- We managed to do kayaking on the morning before we left, hmmm.. Common sense, lepas kayaking surely ada yang terjun into the lake. Tak ada tempat nak pegang or panjat to the mini jetty. Sangat mini.
- Only two rooms were provided with tv. Lain takda. If you plan to go there, you MUST mention that you want room with tv, itu pun belum tentu dapat. Because there are only SIX rooms with tv at the resort.
So, we ended up sleeping most of the time there. And catching up with each other's stories. The food were so...so.... No a la carte service during weekends, so you can either travel for 5-10 minutes to the nearest stalls or take their dinner buffet. But we had fun (i did, with my sisters), not sure about the guys as they had to drive all the way from KL.
We then headed to another place in Lumut, and had a good rest & great time. That's another story to share, later.
I would like to wish you Selamat Hari Raya, mohon maaf kalau ada salah silap dalam blog ni.
Drive safely, eat moderately.